Masthead and Sub-Headings

Masthead:
These are ideas that I have come up with from research I feel that they will stand out and nothing else has been named this before, not even close in relation to a music magazine.
Here are the magazine names that I had chosen as a possible option: Pulse, Rhythmic, Blueprint, Flashback and NRG.
With some tough decisions I have narrowed it down to a chosen two of ‘PULSE’ and ‘RHYTHMIC’. I used the website www.dafont.com to help chose the font that will be used my masthead. Here are a few examples and choices.



In the end I decide to go with the top logo as I thought it gave a real retro feel to the magazine and it was more bold and striking than the others, it gives me a real feel as the fact that when listening to music depending on the beat and lyrics it has an effect of your mood and therefore can get your 'pulse' racing. I also chose the 'pulse' as I thought  it can really show the way that you can feel listening to an up beat song, racing heart rate therefore a fast pulse. I thought ‘Rhythmic’ was a to bland as to the music that will be in my music magazine I feel pulse will reflect the magazine in a better light, every song has its rhythm but it all depends on what and how it makes you feel.


Sub-Headings:

                           




In the end I decided to choose the top font 'Verdana' as I feel it is the most appealing out of all 4 as it is clear and the letters are well spaced out. it is a simple design but it works well as my masthead it quite a complex design. This design is clear and will work well on my music magazine. The second and third font I feel were to bold and in your face as it is a sub heading it needs to be less appealing but still be able to catch the attention of the audience this is why I feel that 'Verdana' is good but the forth one is to similar to this.